Panola County Court of Commissioners Agenda: March 15, 2022 | News
Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, March 15 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may respond to direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
a. To record the resignation of Jordan Holland as Communications Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective February 23, 2022.
b. To register a change in employment status for Shakami Manning from Sheriff’s Clerk with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department to Civil Procedure Deputy effective March 1, 2022 at the rate of $23.02 per hour.
vs. To record the resignation of Jared Bailey as Patrol Deputy with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective March 2, 2022.
D. To record the appointment of Denise Gray as Reserve Deputy to the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective March 1, 2022.
e. To record the retirement of Glenn Alexander as Department of Roads and Bridges Operator for Panola County, Borough #2 effective March 31, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
F. To record the separation of Steven Coots as an operator with the Department of Roads and Bridges in Panola County, Borough #2 effective March 9, 2022.
a. Approve and record a request from TGNR to place temporary 12” water transfer lines within the right of way of Panola County Roads #1252, #125, „.
a. Accept and record a donation of $500.00 from Carthage Church of Christ for the Panola County Sheriff’s Department.
b. To record the February 2022 Treasurer’s Report for the Panola County Treasurer‘s Office.
vs. To file the February 2022 Fund Balance Report for the Panola County Auditor‘s Office.
D. Approve and save Amendment No. 6 to the 2022 budget.
a. Approve and register a conference request for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: Holly Gibbs, Panola County Tax Assessor; Cassandra Brooks (2); PCSD Patrol Deputy Chris Hansen; PCSD Detention Officer Robert Hudnall; PCSD Patrol Deputy Jeff Martin; PCSD Patrol Deputy Richard Mojica; IT administrator Barry Tate; PCSD Detention Transport Officer Ronnie Endsley; PCSD detention officer Chelsi Bullock; PCSD Detention Officer Chris Williams; and Panola County District Clerk Lindsey Smith.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. Discuss and act upon approval of a proposed election agreement between Gary ISD and Panola County.
8. Award the purchase of food for the Panola County Detention Center to the lowest and best food vendors on the recommendation of Jail Administrator Tina McMullen.
9. Discuss and act upon approval of an engagement letter from Rachael Payne, CPA, PLLC for fixed asset listing and amortization schedule services as of December 31, 2021.
10. Discuss and act on the establishment of a Panola County Fire Marshal/EMC position and approve the position description effective April 1, 2022.
11. Discuss and act upon approval of an interlocal agreement between Panola County and Panola County Emergency Services District #1.
12. Discuss and act upon the passage of Resolution #R-PCSO-03-2022 authorizing Captain Adam Jones of the Panola County Sheriff’s Office to submit a request for grant funds through the Governor’s Office, Bureau of Public Safety, Homeland Security Grants Division for the Statewide Emergency Radio Infrastructure (SERI) Grant Program which provides funding for activities/projects that support the efforts states and regions to improve or maintain an interoperable emergency radio infrastructure.
13. Discuss and act upon the ratification and approval of the revised Schedule D of the Software Agreement between Fidlar Technologies and Panola County approved September 28, 2021; and ratifying and approving five purchase orders for Fidlar services.
14. Discuss and follow through with the approval of a contract with Condor Indexing Services for indexing services for the Panola County Clerk‘s Office under new records management services.
15. Pursuant to SB No. 944-Section 552.004 of the Government Code to discuss and act upon approval of a new cell phone line with Verizon for use by Panola County Treasurer Joni Reed.
16. Discuss and act upon approval of Panola County Department of Highways and Bridges Uniform Policy.