Panola County Court of Commissioners Agenda: July 5, 2022 | New
Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, July 5 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may respond to direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE‘S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
a. To register the employment of Isaiah Daniels as a Detention Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective June 25, 2022 at the rate of $15.36 per hour.
b. To register a change in employment status for Brittany Odom from temporary clerk to part-time clerk with the Panola County Justice of the Peace, Precincts 1 and 4 effective July 1, 2022 at the same rate of pay.
a. Approve and record an application by Tops Pipeline, LLC to place 16-inch lines within the right-of-way for Panola County Roads 311 and 3101.
b. To record a contract cancellation letter from SD Twomey Trucking for gravel and iron ore materials purchased by the Panola County Department of Roads and Bridges.
a. Approve the minutes of the meetings of the Court of Commissioners held during the month of June 2022.
b. Approve and register Amendment No. 14 to the 2022 budget.
vs. Authorize the county auditor to issue sealed bids for iron ore. Tenders will be opened during an ordinary session of the Court of Commissioners scheduled for August 2, 2022 at 1:30 p.m. Specifications available from the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas and the County Warehouse, 1121 E. Sabine, Carthage, Texas.
D. Authorize the county auditor to issue sealed bids for gravel. Tenders will be opened during an ordinary session of the Court of Commissioners scheduled for August 2, 2022 at 1:30 p.m. Specifications available from the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas and the County Warehouse, 1121 E. Sabine, Carthage, Texas.
e. To register Declaration of Officer and Oath of Office forms for Panola County Assessor-Collector of Taxes / Assistant Registrar of Auto Record Kirstyn Jacks.
F. To record the compiled financial statements of District 1 of Panola County Emergency Services for the year ending December 31, 2021.
a. To approve and register a conference application form for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: Panola County Deputy Clerk Jackie McDonald; PCSD telecom operator Kaylee Sparks; and PCSD telecommunications operator Marissa Harrison.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. Open sealed bids for crushed limestone for road maintenance. Tenders could be awarded at a future court meeting.
8. In accordance with the Property Tax Code, officially appoint Holly Gibbs as the Panola County Representative to calculate and publish the No New Income Tax Rate and Voter Approval Tax Rate Schedules for the tax year 2022. (Property Tax Code 26.04)
9. Discuss and act on the passing of Ordinance 2022-08 increasing the change fund for the Panola County Motor Vehicle License Office.
10. Discuss and act upon approval of a purchase order from Fidlar Services for the installation, configuration and training of Swift Services for the Panola County Clerk’s Office.
11. Discuss and act upon approval of a purchase order from Fidlar Services for the installation and configuration of the new AVA for the Panola County Clerk’s Office.
12. Discuss and act on the passage of Ordinance 2022-09 prohibiting outdoor burning in Panola County.
13. Discuss and act on approval of a proposal from Scott-Merriman for the preservation of the books at the Panola County Clerk’s Office.
14. Discuss and act upon approval of a proposal from Koetter Fire Protection, LLC for fire sprinkler inspection and fire pump repairs at the Panola County Detention Center.
15. Discuss and act when approving a Verizon Mi-Fi unit for the 123rd Judicial District Judge’s Office.