Panola County Court of Commissioners Agenda: February 1, 2022 | News
Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, February 1 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may respond to direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
a. To record the resignation of Jeffrey McAndrews as Detention Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective February 3, 2022.
b. To record Janet Barnett’s salary order as Assistant Panola County Auditor effective February 5, 2022.
a. Approve and record an application by Pine Wave Energy Partners Operating, LLC to place a 12 inch line within the Panola County Road #328 right-of-way.
a. Approve the minutes of the meetings of the Court of Commissioners held during the month of January 2022.
b. Authorize the County Auditor to issue a request for proposals for an automated ad valorem tax collection system for use by the Panola County Tax Assessor-Collector. The Request for Proposals will be available at the County Judge’s Office, 110 S. Sycamore, Room 216-A, Carthage, Texas 75633. The deadline for proposals is Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
vs. Approve the tentative timeline for the 2022 budget process for fiscal year 2023.
D. To register the County and District Clerks Association Certificate of Completion for completing 20 hours of continuing education for 2021 for Panola County Clerk Bobbie Davis.
e. To record the audit of financial report compiled for Panola County Emergency Services District #1 for the year ending December 31, 2020.
F. Approve and record Amendment No. 28 to the 2021 budget.
g. Approve and save Amendment No. 3 to the 2022 budget.
h. To record a copy of the minutes of the Panola County Community Supervision and Corrections Services meeting held on August 24, 2021; and record a written statement containing the date, time and location where such adjustments, documents and budgets will be reviewed for approval and recording.
I. To record a copy of the Panola County Juvenile Probation Department meeting notice; and record a written statement containing the date, time and location where such adjustments, documents and budgets will be reviewed for approval and recording.
a. Approve and register a conference application form for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: PCSD Patrol Deputy Quade Davis; PCSD Patrol Deputy Calahan Malone; Shakami Manning, PCSD Civil Secretary and Communications Officer; Panola County Constable, Precincts #2 and #3 Charles Blue; Panola County Deputy Constable, Precincts #2 and #3 Jeremy Nagle; and Panola County Extension Officer Lee Dudley.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To hear from Shelbea Comer with UT Health Carthage regarding issues and additional needs of UT Health Carthage due to issues arising from the current COVID pandemic.
8. Discuss and act upon budget approval of funds received from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for UT Health Carthage.
9. Discuss and act by declaring a John Deere 310SJ backhoe unit #1202, serial number 1T0310SJCCD217238 as surplus property for the Panola County Roads & Bridges Department, Area #2 (used for trade).
10. Discuss and act on approval of a quote from Associated Supply Company, Inc. for the purchase of a Case 580SN backhoe for use by the Panola County Department of Roads and Bridges, sector 2.
11. Discuss and act upon the passage of Resolution #R-PCSO-01-2022 authorizing Captain Adam Jones of the Panola County Sheriff’s Office to submit a request for grant funds through the Governor’s Office, Public Safety Bureau, Criminal Justice Division for the purchase of rifle body armor for active duty patrol deputies.
12. Discuss and act upon the passage of Resolution #R-PCSO-02-2022 authorizing Captain Adam Jones of the Panola County Sheriff’s Office to submit a request for grant funds through the Governor’s Office, public security bureau, criminal justice division for the procurement of law enforcement patrol vehicles.
13. Discuss and act on the approval of a new cell phone line and telephone for use by the Justice of the Peace in Panola County, Precincts #2 and #3.
14. Discuss and act on the approval of the transfer of (1) 2018 Modern Predator 15′ Cutter, Unit #1802, Serial #100544 from the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #3 to the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #4.