Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, August 2 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
a. To record the resignation of Christian Fyffe as Detention Officer in the Panola County Sheriff’s Office effective August 17, 2022.
b. To register the separation of John Derflinger as operator with the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct 2 effective July 21, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
vs. To record the separation of Hunter LaGrone as a mechanic with the Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct 1 effective July 28, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
D. To register a change in employment status for Tyler Spears from driver to operator with the Department of Highways and Bridges in Panola County, Borough 4 effective August 15, 2022 at the rate of $19.77 per hour.
a. Approve and register a request from Pond Pro’s Custom Concrete to place a 2-3/8 metal pipe line (with PVC water line included) in the Panola County Road 331 right-of-way.
a. Approve the minutes of the meetings of the Court of Commissioners held during the month of July 2022.
b. Ratify and register the corrected minutes of the meeting of the Court of Commissioners held on May 8, 2017.
vs. Approve and register Amendment No. 16 to the 2022 budget.
D. To record Holly Gibbs, Tax Assessor-Collector, revised continuing education transcript for the reporting period of March 1, 2021 through February 28, 2022; and to record the maintenance transcript for the reporting period of January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
e. To record a copy of the written statement from the Panola County Juvenile Probation Department containing the date, time, and location that said adjustments, documents, and budgets will be reviewed for approval and recording.
F. Ratify and register the First Amendment to the OAG Grant Agreement Agreement No. 2219384-01 between the Office of the Attorney General and Panola County regarding the SAVNS Maintenance Agreement.
a. Approve and register a conference application form for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: PCSD Communications Officer, Carrie Riddle; PCSD Secretary Hannah Colle (2); PCSD Patrol Deputy Travis Wilson; Torey McLemore, PCSD Patrol Deputy; PCSD Secretary Leigh Welk; PCSD Communications Officer Kaylee Sparks; Natalie Hogg, PCSD Communications Officer; PCSD Communications Officer Karlee Cohorst; PCSD Administration Karen England; Isaiah Daniels, PCSD detention officer; Reid Peace, PCSD detention officer; Panola County Clerk Bobbie Davis; Erin L. Johnson, 123rd District Judicial District Court Officer; Carol Mixon, court reporter for the 123rd Judicial District; and Panola County Treasurer Joni Reed.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. Open sealed tenders for concrete/iron ore for road maintenance. Tenders could be awarded at a future court meeting.
8. Open sealed bids for gravel for road maintenance. Tenders could be awarded at a future court meeting.
9. Receive No New Income Tax Rate, Voter Approved Tax Rate and DeMinimis Tax Rate Schedule from Assessor/Tax Collector Holly Gibbs.
10. Set the Panola County budget hearing for fiscal year 2022 on August 16, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.; to set the adoption of the budget for the 2023 financial year for August 16, 2022 at the end of the budget hearing and to authorize its publication in accordance with the legislative and regulatory provisions applicable to it. (Local authorities code, articles 111.007).
11. Authorize the county judge to issue a notice of meeting to vote on the tax rate.
12. Authorize the county judge to release proposed Panola County elected official salaries and allowances as set forth in the fiscal year 2023 budget proposal, and set adoption of such salaries for August 16, 2022 after the adoption of the budget for the financial year. 2023 in accordance with the requirements of the laws and regulations applicable to it. (Local authorities code, article 152.013)
13. Discuss and act on whether to impose additional fees on vehicle registration in Panola County.
14. Discuss and act upon the adoption of Order 2022-12 granting the applicable exemption to independent audit pursuant to Texas Local Government Code 262.024 for the financial audit of Panola County for fiscal year 2022 and approve an engagement letter with the audit firm.
15. Discuss and act on the approval of a general election order for November 8, 2022.
16. Discuss and act on the approval of the County and District of Texas Retirement System Plan Agreement for 2023 and authorize the county judge to execute and submit the appropriate authorizations.
17. To approve and register Texas Association of Counties — County Choice Final Plan Selection Form — Choice 700 medical/health insurance benefits and renewal rates for Panola County elected officials and employees for the period December 1, 2022 through November 30, 2023; and to authorize any surplus distributions deposited in the Retiree Health Trust Fund.
18. Discuss and act upon approval of an engagement letter from Rachel Payne, CPA, PLLC for the Criminal District Attorney’s Chapter 59 Asset Forfeiture Report for the year ended August 31, 2022.
19. Discuss and action on approval of an engagement letter from Rachel Payne, CPA, PLLC for the Panola County Sheriff’s Department and Panola County Constable’s Offices, Proceeds of Criminal Assets, Chapter 59 , forfeiture reports for the year ended December 31, 2022.
20. Discuss and act on the approval of the lease agreement for Hangar 12 at Panola County Airport-Sharpe Field between Panola County and Mike Mullins.
21. To discuss and act on the approval of an Addendum No. 1 amending the Contract for Asphalt Materials for Road Maintenance dated April 26, 2022 between Panola County, Texas and Longview Asphalt, Inc.
22. Discuss and act upon approval of a proposal from Election Systems & Software (ES&S) for the DS200 Poll Place Scanner and Tabulator Machines and Software services for the Panola County Elections Office, to be funded by the American Rescue Plan Act.