Panola County Court of Commissioners Agenda: August 16, 2022 | New
Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, August 16 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may respond to direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
4. ELEMENTS OF CONSENT:
a. To register a change in employment status for Billy M. Stutes from Operator to Mechanic with the Panola County Department of Highways and Bridges, Precinct 1 effective August 29, 2022 at the rate of $21.00 from hour.
b. To record a wage increase to $17.65 per hour for Marissa Harrison, communications officer with the Panola County Sheriff‘s Department, effective July 30, 2022.
vs. To record the resignation of Jacob Samford as Reserve Deputy with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective August 9, 2022.
ROAD & BRIDGE
a. Set fees to be charged for services by Sheriff’s and Constabulary’s offices in accordance with Local Government Code Section 118.131 and authorize the posting of notice of such fees as required by Code Section 81.007 local communities.
b. To record a copy of the minutes of the Panola County Community Supervision and Corrections Services meeting held on February 23, 2022; and record a written statement containing the date, time and location where such adjustments, documents and budgets will be reviewed for approval and recording.
vs. Approve and register Amendment No. 17 to the 2022 budget.
a. To approve and register a request to participate in a conference form for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: Panola County Extension Officer Lee Dudley (2); PCSD Detention Officer James McBrayer; PCSD Detention Officer Matthew Mitchell; Cassandra Brooks (2); Holly Gibbs, Panola County Tax Assessor; PCSD Patrol Deputy Richard Mojica; PCSD Patrol Deputy Robert Duncan; CSDP Civilian Deputy Shakami Manning; PCSD Telecoms Carrie Riddle, Hannah Colle, Karen England, Karlee Sparks, Katlyn Gillie (2), Marissa Harrison (2), Staci Benedetti, Valerie Bailey (2); CSDP Civilian Deputy Shakami Manning; Tina McMullen, PCSD prison administrator; PCSD Communications Secretary Leigh Welk; and Heather Green, backup CSDP telecom operator.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To open sealed bids for a 3/4 ton crew cab for use by the Panola County Highways and Bridges Department, Area 4. Bids may be awarded at an upcoming meeting of the Court.
8. Hold a public hearing on the Panola County Clerk’s Records Preservation and Restoration Plan in accordance with local government code 118.025; and to adopt the said Plan.
9. Hold the Panola County budget hearing for fiscal year 2023 at 1:35 p.m. pursuant to notice and publication thereof, as required by law. The public is invited to attend and participate. (Local authorities code, article 111.007)
10. Adopt the Panola County budget for fiscal year 2023 at the conclusion of the public hearing. (Local authorities code, article 111.008)
11. Adopt the salaries of elected officials for 2023 during the adoption of the Panola County budget for the fiscal year 2023 in accordance with the notice and publication thereof, as required by law. (Local authorities code, article 152.013)
12. Pass Ordinance 2022-14 fixing the tax rate and tax levy for 2022 and authorizing the tax assessor to prepare tax slips with approved tax rate. (Local authorities code, article 111.010)
13. Discuss and act on the Solicited Bid Approval Form for the purchase of food for the Panola County Detention Center.
14. To reappoint Sidney Burns for another two-year term on the Community Healthcore Board of Directors, said term commencing September 1, 2022 and ending August 31, 2024.
15. Discuss and act upon approval of a lease agreement between Bryan H. Krumpelbeck and Panola County for land for the Panola County Department of Roads and Bridges, Area 4.
16. Discuss and act upon approval of installation of “NO THRU TRUCK SIGNS” for Panola County Road & Bridge Dept., Precinct 3 at County Road 3203.
17. Discuss and act upon approval of a budget for the Title IV-E County Child Protective Services Contract between the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and Panola County; and approve FFATA certifications.
18.To discuss and make possible arrangements when purchasing land in the City of Carthage described as Block 50, Lots 1, 2, and 3, west of the Panola County Detention Center.
BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
19. An executive/in camera meeting will be held, if necessary, pursuant to Sections 551.071(2) and 551.129 of the Texas Government Code (consultation with attorney) for the Court of Commissioners to consult and seek advice from its attorney regarding : (a) the ongoing Panola County Auxiliary Construction Project, a public works project for a public office building on certain real estate in the City of Carthage, Panola County, Texas; and (b) any other matter described in this meeting agenda.
20. Discussions and potential actions will take place regarding the following matters, pursuant to Texas Government Code Chapters 2254 and 2269 and other authorities, regarding Panola County, Texas RFQ No. 2022-01-ABP- ARCH (“RFQ”), issued by the Court of Commissioners on July 19, 2022, declared RFQ to be the Request for Qualifications for Architectural and Other Professional Services for Panola County, Texas, regarding the County Auxiliary Construction Project for the County’s acquisition of architectural and other professional services (including engineering services) necessary or desired for said project, and said project being located on certain real property in the City of Carthage, Panola County, Texas:
(a) opening responses submitted by Respondents to the County regarding the RFQ;
(b) a discussion regarding responses submitted by Respondents to the County regarding the RFQ and related process; depending on the responses received, the Court of Commissioners will determine whether to proceed with the remainder of this agenda item.
(c) evaluating, scoring and ranking Responses submitted by Respondents to the County regarding the RFQ;
(d) approving the initiation of contract negotiation by the county with the highest ranked respondent to the RFQ, to attempt to negotiate and enter into a contract with such supplier at a fair and reasonable price, as required by law; and
(e) all related matters.