Panola County Court of Commissioners Agenda: April 26, 2022 | News
Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, April 12 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may answer direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE‘S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
a. To record the resignation of Bryan Murff as Panola County Constable, Precincts 1 and 4 effective April 30, 2022.
b. To record the resignation of Jeff Ivy as Chief Deputy of the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective April 30, 2022.
vs. To file a change in employment status for Joshua Born from Driver to Operator with the Department of Highways and Bridges in Panola County, Borough 2 effective May 9, 2022 at the rate of $18.89 per hour.
D. To register Charles Peters’ termination as an operator with the Department of Roads and Bridges, Panola County, Borough 4, effective April 28, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
e. To register Michael Long’s employment as a truck driver with the Department of Highways and Bridges in Panola County, Borough 3 effective May 2, 2022 at a starting wage of $18.11 per hour.
F. To register the temporary employment of Karen McClelland as an Early Voting Clerk at the Elections Office for May 7, 2022 at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
g. To register Scotty Hartley’s employment as a Truck Driver with Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct 2 effective May 9, 2022 at a starting wage of $18.11 per hour.
h. To register a change in status for Karen England from Sheriff’s Secretary/Communications with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department to Administrative Secretary effective April 23, 2022 at the rate of $18.65 per hour.
I. To register a change in status for Hannah Colle from Panola County Sheriff’s Department Communications Officer to Sheriff’s Secretary/Communications effective April 23, 2022 at the rate of $17.65 per hour.
a. To register the Certificate of Attendance from the University of North Texas Center for Public Management for completing 10 hours of training in Texas Public Funds Investment Law for Panola County Treasurer Joni Reed.
b. To file March 2022 fund balance reports for the Panola County Auditor‘s Office.
vs. Approve and register the Panola County Investment Report for the 4th quarter of fiscal 2021.
D. To file Declaration of Officer and Oath of Office forms for Panola County District Clerk’s Assistant, Heather Green.
e. Approve and register Amendment No. 9 to the 2022 budget.
a. Approve and save one or more conference application forms for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: Panola County Constable, Precincts 2 & 3 Charlie Blue; Panola County Assistant Constable, Precincts 2 and 3 Jeremy Nagle; Panola County EMC Jim Young; PCSD investigator Chadd Gray; PCSD Captain Adam Jones; PCSD Patrol Officer Jeff Martin; PCSD investigator Chris Welk; PCSD Lt. Daniel Smith; and Justice of the Peace for Panola County, Districts 1 and 4 Larry Fields.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as presented and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. For the opening of sealed tenders for road fuel oil (cracking fuel oil), the tenders may be awarded at a future meeting of the Court.
8. Open sealed tenders for asphalt materials for road maintenance. Tenders could be awarded at a future court meeting.
9. Discuss and act on the appointment of Bryan Murff to the position of Panola County Fire Marshal/EMC effective May 1, 2022 at his current rate of pay.
10. Discuss and act on the appointment of Jeff Ivy as Constable for Panola County, Precincts 1 and 4 due to the vacancy created by the resignation of Constable Bryan Murff, effective May 1, 2022 at the current rate of pay .
11. Discuss and act on the establishment of the part-time Emergency Management Coordinator (EMC) position as an EMC Assistant to the Panola County Fire Marshal/EMC at the current rate of pay.
2. Discuss and act upon approval of a lease agreement between John and Melissa Harris, and Panola County for dirt for the Panola County Roads and Bridges Department, Ward 3
13. Discuss and take action in declaring surplus assets of the following vehicles and equipment: one (1) 2013 Chevy Tahoe VIN #1GNLC2E0ODR216335, Texas Tag 1191678; 16 push mowers from the Jail Sweat Program; 1 Cub Cadet garden plow, serial number 1A270K40112; and 1 Troy-Bilt garden plow, series 122111500800.