Panola County Court of Commissioners Agenda: April 12, 2022 | News
Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, April 12 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may respond to direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE’S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
a. To record a change in status for Heather Green from Administrative Assistant in the Panola County Sheriff’s Department to Assistant District Clerk in the Panola County District Clerk’s Office effective April 18, 2022 at the rate of $16.65 from time.
b. To register the temporary employment of Denise Gray as an Early Voting Clerk at the Elections Office commencing April 25, 2022 and ending May 12, 2022 at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
vs. To register the temporary employment of Karen McClelland as an Early Voting Clerk at the Elections Office commencing May 16, 2022 and ending May 26, 2022 at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
D. To register Matthew Williamson’s employment as a Detention Officer with the Panola County Sheriff‘s Department effective March 26, 2022 at the rate of $16.66 per hour.
e. To register John Derflinger’s employment as a Truck Driver with Panola County Road & Bridge Department, Precinct #2 effective April 25, 2022 at a starting wage of $18.11 per hour.
F. To record the appointment of Heather Green as Reserve Deputy for the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective April 16, 2022.
a. Approve the minutes of the meetings of the Court of Commissioners held during the month of March 2022.
b. Approve and register Amendment No. 8 to the 2022 budget.
vs. To file the March 2022 Treasurer’s Reports for the Panola County Treasurer’s Office.
a. Approve and register a request to participate in a conference form for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: Holly Gibbs, Panola County Tax Assessor; Kara Holiman, Panola County Assistant Tax Assessor/Receiver; and Karen England, CSDP dispatcher/records/civil secretary.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. Hold a public hearing on the installation of a stop sign at the intersection of Panola County Road #222 and Panola County Road #224.
8. Hold a public hearing on the installation of a stop sign at the intersection of Panola County Road #207 and Panola County Road #2091.
9. Discuss and act on the passing of Ordinance #2022-04 installing a stop sign at the intersection of Panola County Roads #222 and #224.
10. Discuss and act on the passing of Ordinance #2022-05 installing a stop sign at the intersection of Panola County Roads #207 and #2091.
11. To hear from Deanne Simmons and James Moore of the Texas Department of Transportation regarding agreements for four new off-grid bridge replacement projects.
12. Discuss and act in authorizing the county judge to send a letter to TCEQ to investigate an obstruction at Sabine River located at FM 1794 pursuant to Section 11.097 of the Texas Water Code.
13. To discuss and act on cancellation of a contract with the Texas State Library and Archive Commission for the contract, SLRM number 6-22-1183 for the Panola County Clerk‘s office; and to authorize the county judge to send 30 days’ notice to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission regarding the cancellation.
14. Discuss and act upon the declaration of the following excess equipment ownership: One (1) 2012 Ford F-550, Unit #1310, VIN #1FDOW5HT2CEC11679 for Department of Highways and Bridges Compound #1 of Panola County; One (1) 2009 F750XL Dump Truck, Unit #907, VIN #3FRXF75D29V179067; one (1) 2014 Modern Predator 10′ Flex Mower, Unit # 1418, Serial # 91731; one (1) 2011 Modern Predator 10′ FlexMower, unit #74357, serial number 74357; one (1) 2011 Ford F-750, Unit # 1013 VIN # 3FRXF7FCOBV388691; Utility rig and rig for Panola County Department of Roads and Bridges Area #3; one (1) 2012 Ford F-750 Dumptruck, Unit #1303, VIN#3FRXF7FE3CV198855 for Panola County Road and Bridge Department, Precinct #4; and one (1) 2007 Ramsey Winch Auto Crane, Unit #706, Serial Number 3203PR-0207-046; one (1) Hofmann tire balancer, serial number G88JB005; and Huskee Riding Lawnmower, serial number 1805830036 for Panola County Road and Bridge FM & L.
15. Discuss and act on the declaration of surplus property of the following vehicles: one (1) Ford Van 2002, VIN # 1FMRE11WX2HA30253, Texas Tag # 1243699; one (1) 2013 Ford Taurus, VIN # 1FAHP2M86DG117093, Texas Tag # 1117171; and one (1) 2016 Chevrolet Equinox, VIN #2NGALBEK8G1128042, Texas Tag #1289232.