Panola County Commissioners Court Agenda: June 21, 2022 | New
Panola County Commissioners Court
A regular meeting of the Panola County Commissioners Court will be held Tuesday, June 21 at 1:30 p.m. at the Panola County Courthouse.
1. CITIZEN COMMENTS: This is for citizens to comment on any topic that is not on the agenda regarding county business. Members of the Court may respond to direct questions, but any action relating to this item must be placed on a later agenda.
2. STEWARDS’ REPORT: These are for informational purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of these reports will be included in a future action programme.
3. COUNTY JUDGE‘S REPORT: This is for information purposes only. Any action to be taken on the basis of this report will be included in a future action programme.
a. To record the resignation of Brandi Atkinson as Assistant Clerk of the Panola County Assessor/Receiver’s Office effective June 10, 2022.
b. To register Kirstyn Jacks’ employment as Assistant Registrar at the Panola County Assessors and Tax Collectors Registry Office effective June 27, 2022 (pending drug test and physical exam ) at the starting wage of $15.10 per hour.
vs. To record the resignation of Whitney Harrison as Detention Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective June 17, 2022.
D. To register Reid Peace’s employment as a Detention Officer with the Panola County Sheriff’s Department effective June 18, 2022 at the rate of $15.36 per hour.
e. To register a change in employment status for Kevin McGuire from driver to operator with the Panola County Department of Highways and Bridges, District 2 effective July 4, 2022 at the rate of $18.89 per hour.
F. To record a change in employment status for John Derflinger from driver to operator with the Panola County Department of Highways and Bridges, Precinct 2 effective July 4, 2022 at the rate of $18.89 per hour .
a. To record a contract cancellation letter from East Texas Asphalt Co., Ltd. for crushed limestone materials purchased by the Panola County Department of Roads and Bridges.
b. To record a contract cancellation letter from Dodson Trucking Inc. for gravel and iron ore materials purchased by the Panola County Road & Bridge Department.
vs. To ratify and record an Equipment Lease Agreement from Howard-McAnear Equipment Company for (1) RM500 Ground Stabilizer, S/N MB900115 for use by the Panola County Department of Highways and Bridges, Area 1.
D. Approve and register an application by Rockcliff Energy to place 12″ lines within the right-of-way of Panola County Roads 327, 334 and Oilwell Rd.
e. Approve and register an application by Gemini Carthage Pipeline, LLC to place a 30″ line within the Panola County Route 327 right-of-way.
a. Accept and save GASB’s Analysis of Liability Related to Post-Retiree Health Benefits for Panola County as of December 31, 2021.
b. To register Declaration of Officer and Oath of Office forms for Panola County
Assistant Tax/Auto Registration Assessor-Collector Candace Pinke.
vs. To file May 2022 fund balance reports for the Panola County Auditor‘s Office.
D. To record the May 2022 Treasurer’s Reports for the Panola County Treasurer‘s Office.
e. Approve and save amendment #13 to the 2022 budget.
a. To approve and register a conference application form for the following Panola County elected officials/employees: Panola County Judge David Anderson; Sarah Fields, Panola County Sheriff (2); PCSD Patrol Deputy Travis Wilson; PCSD investigator Chadd Gray; PCSD Patrol Deputy Calahan Malone; PCSD Patrol Deputy Scott Jones; Deputy Quade Davis of the PCSD Patrol; Clarissa Moon, Panola County Extension Officer; Gina Goldman, Panola County Court Coordinator; PCSD Patrol Deputy Richard Mojica; PCSD Dispatch Supervisor/Civilian Deputy Shakami Manning; and Panola County Treasurer Joni W. Reed.
5. Approve payment of current Panola County bills as prepared and submitted by the County Auditor.
6. Approve payment of the current Panola County payroll as prepared and submitted by the County Treasurer.
7. To hear from Aflac Representative Mark Mazurek about the new dental and vision insurance offered to Panola County employees.
8. Discuss and act on the adoption of the new 2022 mileage reimbursement schedule effective July 1, 2022.
9. Discuss and act upon approval of a proposal from Sharps Compliance, Inc. for a service charge of $100.00 per month for medical waste collection for the Panola County Detention Center.
10. Accept and record letter from Lindsey Smith, District Clerk of Panola County, on the only way she can pay jurors in accordance with the Jury Selection Plan approved by the County Commissioners Court of Panola on May 22, 2000, that is to say still in force.
11. Discuss and act after accepting $1,500.00 from Barksdale Federal Credit Union for termination of half of Hanger 12 lease contract for Panola County Airport, Sharpe Field on behalf of Mr. Kerry Sweet.
12. Discuss and approve the recommendation letter from the County Treasurer and County Auditor regarding unused vacation carried forward from the year 2021.