Fulton County Commissioner Bryan Lewis to seek re-election – InkFreeNews.com
ROCHESTER — Bryan Lewis has announced he will be seeking re-election as Fulton County Commissioner.
“I am proud to serve the citizens of Fulton County as commissioner, but I know there is still work to be done,” Lewis said. “I look forward to the challenges and opportunities the next four years will bring and I remain committed to making Fulton County the best it can be.”
During his tenure, Lewis has been involved in several key initiatives, including:
- Protect the rights of the owner from high winds.
- Obtain grants to use ARPA money to further stretch the county dollar.
- Work directly with the county highway department to secure matching grant funds for community crossings. Through this grant, the county has been able to secure more than $4 million in public funding to upgrade and improve roads in Fulton County since the program’s inception in 2016.
- Working with Fulton County HOPE to help the citizens of Fulton County in need get back on their feet.
As he looks to the future, Lewis says his priorities continue to focus on improving the quality of life for Fulton County residents. Goals for his next term include:
- Work with county entities to create a positive working relationship for its citizens.
- Using his role as a board member of the Fulton Economic Development Corporation to improve economic development in the county.
- Work with the Regional Plan Board to update county ordinances to better protect landowner rights related to wind and solar farms.
Lewis also serves on the board of the Fulton County Solid Waste Board and the Fulton County Drainage Board.
“We are a small community and we need to work together to accomplish great things for the citizens of our county,” Lewis said.
In addition to his role as commissioner, Lewis and his wife, Julie, have owned and operated Lewis Construction, a local homebuilder since 1994.