Carroll County Politics: Michael Guerin Running for County Commissioner in District 4 in 2022
We have our first application for the Carroll County Commissioner in District 4 in 2022: Michael Guerin. Michael applied on December 13: https://elections.maryland.gov/elections/2022/primary_candidates/gen_cand_lists_2022_1_by_county_7.html
There is a campaign website up and running today for this campaign: https://www.guerin4district4.com/. I was unable to locate any social media channels for this campaign (on Facebook or Twitter).
I don’t have much information at this point outside of what’s listed on the About Website page:
- Father and husband. Married for over 25 years with three children in the Carroll County public school system.
- I am proud to be a graduate of South Carroll High School, a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and later of the University of Maryland School of Public Affairs where I obtained a Masters in public policy (MPP)
- I am a proud veteran having served in the United States Army Reserve, the United States Coast Guard and later as an Intelligence Officer. I will always appreciate the work our own military do in our community. Member: American Legion Post 191 (Mt. Airy).
- Longtime Republican who served for four years on the Carroll County Republican Central Committee and was also a candidate for the MD House of Delegates. Since 2020, I have dedicated my time and energy to empowering the citizens of Maryland to enact changes at the national level using the powers given to us by the Constitution of the United States.
- I am not new to the challenges we face in Carroll County. I served for four years on the Carroll County Planning and Zoning Commission (2002-2006) where the implementation of adequacy standards played an important role in managing growth and preparing plans. comprehensive, zoning ordinances and subdivision bylaws to guide development.
Note above “Was also a candidate for the House of Delegates MD”… I found the results of the primary elections in 2002 for the delegate of District 9B where Michael Guerin came 3rd out of six candidates in this race:
The current County Commissioner in District 4 is Eric Bouchat. All current indications indicate that he will not seek re-election as county commissioner and will seek another post in 2022. He has not filed (nor officially announced that I have seen) what post it will be for the moment.
2018 Election Results for County Commissioner in District 4:
I will be keeping an eye out for other contenders in this race and other local Carroll County races. You can follow Carroll County applicants here: https://scotteblog.com/2022-primary-election-candidates-carroll-county/